Blue potatoes and fingerling potatoes give simple potato wedges a fun twist. My three-year-old girl found the blue potato wedges especially fun. Making a recipe just outside of my kid’s comfort zone was an easy way to introduce a new food to the kids. There are some reports of blue potatoes having health benefits such as helping regulate blood pressure. I haven’t researched those claims, but I figure that trying new foods and a varied diet is generally a good idea. I also liked the option of having something blue on my plate to give some color to an otherwise bland meal. The fingerling potatoes aren’t as visually exciting, but their sweet earthy flavor brightens any meal.
- Blue or purple potatoes
- Fingerling Potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 450
- Wash and dry the potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch wedges.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven.
- Serve with ketchup, lemon juice, or malt vinegar